Monday, June 16, 2008

Okay, next post, dueling spiders. This post - this guy: http://www.beautifulbugs.com/beautifulbugs/allstar.htm

. . I need a better camera. Not that I don't love my present camera - a Pentax Optio S7 - it has served me very, very well, especially considering how economical it was to purchase and how compact it is to carry. I am not complaining, at all. It just . . can't really do what that guy's doing. And I have worked with an SLR before, but they're clunky and awkward and not conducive to being contorted at right angles to the ground under a bush while balanced on a wobbling rock, which is how I tend to take a lot of pictures. They're heavy, which puts them in increased danger of dropping, and also bulky, making them awkward for getting into tight little spaces.

'Course, that guy obviously worked all that out.

But really, what I want is a point-and-shoot digital with an optical zoom that operates in macro mode, 12.1 megapixel or higher, and no ridiculous shutter lag (really, no shutter lag. Shutter lag is bad when taking pictures of things that may not be terribly amused at being photographed.) There are a few cameras out there that fit the bill in everything but responsiveness. I figure in a few years they'll have that worked out, and in the mean time I'll keep on with the camera I have.

But *sigh*. Look at that. Me wants.

No comments: